- 1 lb. lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. ricotta (cottage cheese works well)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 10 oz. frozen spinach
- 2½ cups marinara sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil noodles.
- While the noodles are boiling, prepare the filling. Thaw the package of frozen spinach in the microwave and then squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. Combine the spinach in a bowl with the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, freshly grated pepper and about ¼ tsp of salt. Mix until well combined.
- When the noodles and filling are ready to go, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a glass casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- On a clean surface, lay out a few noodles at a time. Place a few tablespoons of filling on each noodle and spread to cover from edge to edge. Filling doesn’t need to be very thick. Make sure to spread it all the way to the edges of the noodles.
For cooking today:
- Roll the noodles up and place in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat until all of your filling is gone (there may be some noodles left over, these are “back ups” in case any of the others rip during assembly). Pour the marinara sauce over the rolled noodles making sure to cover all surfaces. The sauce will keep the noodles moist and soft while baking.
- Cover the dish in foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Freezing Instructions:Roll the noodles up and place on a cookie sheet and flash freezer (place in the freezer for about 20 minutes to freeze just enough to bag into gallon sized Ziploc bag). When ready to cook, thaw overnight in the fridge and follow above cooking directions.